Health Awareness: Breastfeeding is challenging.
Breastfeeding is challenging.
Despite the many rewards and health benefits of breastfeeding, it can be challenging. For example:
- Being the sole source of nutrition for your infant is not always easy.
- Many nursing mothers have sore nipples, breast engorgement (very full breasts) when their “milk comes in”, and occasionally breast infections that require treatment with antibiotics.
- Some women have had breast surgery that can reduce the amount of human milk they produce. These women may have to feed their infants with formula in addition to the milk they produce.
- Breastfeeding can be stressful. For instance, a lack of support by family, social network and/or colleagues can cause discomfort and anxiety.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother, one way to reduce stress is to make sure that you continue to take care of yourself, including developing support networks with friends and family and other women who are breastfeeding.
- Stay in touch with your healthcare providers about ongoing medical or mental health conditions.
While breastfeeding offers many benefits to mom and baby, it may not be the right infant feeding choice for everyone.
Every mother is unique. Work with your healthcare provider to decide on the best method for you and your baby.
* Resources listed are helpful, but do not replace the advise of your medical professional, always contact them for information on the best care for you and your baby.
Thanks to the USA Vetrans Affairs site for this reference information.
If you need help finding the best maternity bras or breastfeeding bras, please contact us. We are experts in ascertaining which nursing bras will work for you in the long run, and estimating your size and product needs. We love supporting our breastfeeding moms, with full bust nursing bras wirefree or underwire, with nursing accessories and nursing clothing to suit your specific needs.
Take care - get plenty of rest and water,
Leave a comment
Also in Beautiful Maternity and Breastfeeding News
If you have leftover breast milk you can still use it!
Continue Reading →
Bra Size Chart
We use the European method of sizing where DD=E, DDD=F - we like to keep it straightforward! Our bras are known for their comfort and longevity, the back closure is longer, so it is easier to fit, and last - as long as when you first get it - you are on the 3rd - 6th hooks --- this way your investment will last longer for you!