Both sides of Breastfeeding
We passionately exist to support you, not to judge you. No matter where your journey leads, please know this. Meanwhile, if you can breastfeed even just a little, there are measurable differences:
1. Breast milk provides the most complete form of nutrition for baby.
2. Breastfed babies tend to gain less unnecessary weight.
3. Premature babies who are breastfed do better than those who are formula fed.
4. Breast milk helps protect baby from bacteria and viruses.
5. Breastfed babies' immune systems have a better response to immunizations.
6. Breastfeeding lowers Mom's risk of breast and ovarian cancers.
7. Breastfeeding can help Mom lose the pregnancy pounds faster.
8. Every drop of breastmilk is helpful, even if you need to supplement.
Breastfeeding may not be as intuitive as you might expect, and neither is birth for that matter. It takes a village; so my suggestion is to find or make your village.
FIND A PEPS GROUP FOR YOUR FAMILY
- Families fostering and adopting - Amara
- Families in Boise, ID - Building Villages
- LGBTQ+ families - MAIA Midwifery & Fertility
- Families in Austin, TX - Partners in Parenting (PIP)
- Families in the Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh and surrounding communities in North Carolina - TAPS
- Families in Hawaii - HBHM Piko Pals
- Families in Twisp, WA - Room One
- Families with twins and multiples - Seattle Families of Multiples
- Jewish and Interfaith Families - Temple de Hirsch Sinai
A few more resources that might help you find active parenting groups near you:
The National Parent Helpline has a range of resources as well.
Mainly, do not isolate yourself, get associated with others who can join & help you in this new incredible journey!